Back to jobs listings
Marketing - Paris - Full-time
We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
- As PR associate, your mission will be to grow awareness for Getaround in our markets via high-level placements in key media, events and comms initiatives. You’ll be a pillar of our brand & comms team, working closely with different internal teams (operations, product, business development…) to increase our brand awareness and image.
- You'll be part of the European Marketing team and report directly to Thomas, our Head of Brand and Communications.
What you'll do:
- Strategy and planning
- Contribute to our PR strategy in France & Europe, in connection with the US headquarters and with our different local markets: craft PR initiatives in line with our business highlights and activity news, outline key messages and PR pillars for the region.
- Build & maintain our PR calendar in coordination with our different European markets stakeholders.
- Contribute to our thought leadership and public affair strategy in order to make Getaround an unmissable player in sustainable mobility. Propose and execute on content pieces that can support this goal (blog articles, linkedin posts…).
- PR Management & execution
- Manage and develop the relationship with our PR agency in France, and contribute to the deployment of new PR partners in other European markets.
- Be the point of contact for media opportunities (press, TV, radio…), prepare briefs for spokespersons, develop our own relationships with media, journalists and key opinion leaders. Monitor success and performance.
- Write and review press content (press releases, press kits, etc.), own and update our press section on the website.
- Identify and recommend events we should participate in, in order to build brand awareness and legitimacy among different audiences (public institutions, mobility experts, professional partners).
- Manage our presence and organize our visibility from project management to on-site presence and speaking opportunities.
What you'll bring:
- 2-4 years experience in PR for a brand, or in a PR / communication agency or media organization
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with a flair for creativity and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to understand people's interests and craft messages that will catch their attention
- A background in PR, communications or content marketing
- A passion for content creation and engaging communities
- Fluency in French and English. At ease in an international environment, working with different cultures and time zones.
- Skills in project management, multitasking, and managing priorities of various stakeholders in an international organization
- Nice to have:
- Previous experience in the mobility sector and/or the sharing economy
- Experience working in a fast-growing tech start-up environment
- The ability to measure and analyse digital and social media content performance using relevant tools and platforms
- Knowledge of Spanish & German
Why join us:
- 🌎 Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco and an office in Oslo. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- 🌱 The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 5 self-owned cars.
- 🧠 A place to learn and grow with weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- 💰 Competitive salary based on your level of experience
- 🌐 An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria.
- 🏡 A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week.
- 📝 A monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- 🤝 Getaround is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity, equity and inclusion of all our Getarounders
- 🗓 A €200 annual credit and unlimited 20% vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- 💫 Health insurance
- 🍽 A Swile lunch card
- 💻 Apple equipment
Come join us!