We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” in 2022!
- As a User Experience writer, you'll work with the Design team to shape the best product experiences by creating compelling content that empowers and delights our users.
- You'll be expected to understand your audience and make decisions that reflect their best interests, helping them reach their goals. You're a designer -- and words are your design language.
- You’ll help set the vision for content and drive cohesive and meaningful product narratives across multiple platforms (web, apps, emails, push notifications) and markets.
What you'll work on:
- You'll partner with designers and product managers to optimize the user experience, from holistic user flows to product copy details (edge cases, empty states...), making sure the content produced is concise, clear and useful.
- Not only will you participate in the design of new features but you will be in charge of identifying areas to improve in our existing content
- You’ll manage content production and editing workflow in English and will help coordinate translations
- You'll be responsible for the coherence of all text that goes into our digital services, and you'll work closely with our brand and content team to ensure our writing principles and brand voice are adhered to across all media.
- You'll use data & user research to inform, evaluate, and improve your proposals (looking at growth and product marketing opportunities when relevant).
- You’ll partner with legal, localization, marketing, and customer support to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched in different markets.
- You’ll help the Product team level up in UX Writing and will create tools and frameworks that will enable team members to improve their practices
- You’ll be an active contributor to our Design system Cobalt by producing and share UX Writing guidelines
Who you'll be working with:
- You'll work with our talented Product Design team including Product designers, Brand designer and User Researcher, reporting directly to Solèneour Head of Product Design
- You’ll be part of a 20-person Product team, and will work closely with the Product Managers, as well as with Data Analysts and Developers, inside your squad.
- You’ll also work autonomously on longer term design vision projects.
What you'll bring to the table:
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a UX Writer, ideally in the fields of technology
- You’re user-focused and a design thinker who loves solving problems for a given audience, in a broad landscape such as mobility
- You’re able to take complex concepts and make them to understand using simple, human words
- Ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Background in UX/content design preferred, experience in copywriting/content strategy a plus
- Fluent level in English (written and spoken)
What we offer:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications). Like all our employees, you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- Health insurance
This position is full-time and based in Paris. Portfolio (work samples or articles showing your skills/vision) required to apply.