Back to jobs listings
Data Analyst - Trust & Safety
Trust and Safety - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Getaround is the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing thousands of car in more than 300 cities in the U.S and Europe.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- Leverage advanced data analysis to mitigate risk at a minimal growth impact.
What you'll work on:
- Lead risk insights for Getaround EU on business impacts such as:
- Own our Safety alerting tool:
- Drive operations performance monitoring within Trust & Safety
- Build a data oriented culture within our Operations team
-Producing innovative analysis on our loss ratio, frequencies and cost of claims
-Iterate and expand our insurance pricing coefficients and structure
-Identify adverse selection in our CDW products
-Offer new insurance pricings when launching new countries
-Propose new vetting strategies to favour growth on identified low risk users
-Provide guidelines to price insurance for hourly trips
-Explain localization of our risk performance
-You add new heuristics on a weekly basis and re-assessing our portfolio to ensure good performance of our Safety team: how should we address night driving? How can we detect a user will mis-use the car? What will hourly pricing bring as new type of risk on the platform? How can i identify cars about to have a breakdown?
-Re-assess the performance of the existing portfolio: what is our accuracy/recall on our alerts?
-On cost containment & claims management
-On our alerting & vetting operations
-Ensure all team leads are taking insightful decisions
Who you'll work with:
- The role offers plenty of complex analytical topics with high business impact along with a lot of exposure to Getaround senior management and our risk partners
- You'll report into Pierre, Trust & Safety Europe Director
What you'll bring to the table:
- Analytical (SQL, xls or equivalent)
- Rigorous (your analysis can lead to large business impact and hence must be rock solid)
- Structured: the topics we are looking at generally come as super broad at first and need follow through thinking
- We are not looking for an actuary or an insurance specialist but more by a business driven analyst
What we offer:
- We are a fast growing startup with our HQ in San Francisco and European offices in Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and London. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact