We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- You'll oversee the setup of the tools to measure Getaround’s direct and indirect carbon emissions.
- You’ll lead the design of the framework to estimate our avoided emissions (Getaround allows people to transition from car ownership to car sharing, which helps curb their carbon footprint).
- You’ll help design our strategy to maximise our avoided emissions in the long term.
- You’ll work with our communications team on writing the content related to two French climate-focused initiatives, which Getaround has joined: Climate Act and Convention des Entreprises pour le Climat.
- You’ll help identify and implement clever ways to strengthen the part of sustainability in our corporate culture (trainings, events, employer branding).
Who you'll be working with:
- You’ll report to Charles, our Head of Product Management and in charge of Environmental ImpactSustainability
- You’ll frequently work directly with Simon, our COO in Europe
- You’ll collaborate with our internal data team and a consultancy firm to calculate direct, indirect and avoided emissions
What you will bring to the team
- Education: you’re currently pursuing a master’s degree in environmental science, engineering, business or related field. You’re preferably in gap year or final year.
- Data-savviness: you can use data to analyse problems and track progress.
- Communication: you’re excellent at summarizing and explaining the big picture, both in written and verbal form.
- Fluency in English: you can work in English on a daily basis.
- Environmental awareness: you have a strong desire to make our cities better places to live by transforming mobility. You’re already involved in climate-related initiatives.
- 👉 If your profile doesn't check all of the above yet, you can still apply and we’ll let you know if we think this position can be a good fit for you.
What we offer
- At least 6 month long internship starting in September 2021 to kickstart several key sustainability projects
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the centre of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- This position is based in Paris or Nantes, with flexible remote policy (up to 2 days of remote work per week).
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study by ADEME has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria.
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card / lunch vouchers
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- €1000 monthly internship compensation
What the hiring process looks like:
- Say hello by applying below. Process will include:
- 1. A 60-min video-call with your future manager to assess your skills and motivation.
- 2. A 30-min video-call with our Head of Brand & Communications